The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.G. Trade Forum

Go down 
+4
Ty-Odi
Aldemarran
azarhal
Grome
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Trade Forum   R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:19 am

I'm just gonna write down what we got so far.

Form: [TAG] TYPE: NAME, SPECIAL
Special ranging from amount ("Fruit: Apple, 5") to any other info that might be deemed useful, e.g. "Fruit Apple, 5, blue" (amount first, then other info, I'd say?). Depending on what we know about the game we might be able to make this more specific and even post a guideline thread with examples for each part etc.

Tags: WTB, WTS, WTT, RS, OS
All pretty self-explanatory, RS/OS = requesting/offering service

Posting form: I'd say nothing specific needed but ask that some info always be included, if possible, like a database link (i.e. thottbot kind of service) to the item for instance.
Otherwise the given info should be kind of left open - people can always ask if something is not sure and it will always be in the interest of the seller to provide the most info possible anyway.
We'll figure out what kind of information is crucial when the game's here, so that's when we'll come back to what info we want to "impose".

Access restrictions: Twofold sounds good, posting amount and time since registration; other than that occasional excluding of troublemakers of course. The good thing is, once you're excluded it's bothersome to get back in, even by creating a new account, because you'll have to wait - good stuff!
How many posts and how much time? 10 posts / 2 weeks seems good, but maybe make it 20 posts?

Who gets the item? We went "first one to call it", sort of. No bidding of any kind, but negotiating allowed.
What we'll have to get clear on is whether we want to enforce something in this regard or not.
No enforcing: Sellers can choose who they want to sell it to, not necessarily the first one to call it.
The other way is to have them really sell the item to the first one to call it. But since there is no good way we can effectively check that kind of stuff and I see this kind of "police" work as a huge load of work and a major pain in the Arz I'd really rather go for no enforcing (not to mention it's a potential source for a lot of unnecessary conflict).
But we should still have a rule of conduct and "suggest" to sell the item to the first caller, for reasons of fairness.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Trade Forum   R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:11 am

In all honesty the reason I picked 10 posts to start with is that most people are not as prolific as you and I R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 144758
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Trade Forum   R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:47 am

Aldemarran wrote:
In all honesty the reason I picked 10 posts to start with is that most people are not as prolific as you and I R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 144758
That's true Rolling Eyes 20 might be demanding too much, people shouldn't have to be especially forum active people, especially once the game is out.

Let's go with 10 then. -- Oh, and not revealing these conditions, right?
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Trade Forum   R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:15 am

Grome wrote:
Aldemarran wrote:
That's true Rolling Eyes 20 might be demanding too much, people shouldn't have to be especially forum active people, especially once the game is out.

Let's go with 10 then. -- Oh, and not revealing these conditions, right?

Correct. Though that means this thread ends up in the Rigger's Forum, rather than a General Forum. Which might be ok, haven't had much chance to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Trade Forum   R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:32 am

Well, the importance lies therein not to make it public, rather than holding onto it like a prized secret, I think.

In any case, if we get the new forums all of this might be gone anyway and not find its way into it.

But yeah, at least that part is sort of restricted information Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.G. Trade Forum   R.I.G. Trade Forum - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.G. Trade Forum
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3