The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design

Go down 
+6
Zepour
Lanius
azarhal
Godric_Barbarosa
Xavier
Kai-Sun
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design Empty
PostSubject: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:14 pm

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20101231

Still looking through the blog, but here's today's update!

Edit* Just read it and watched the two clips.

You know, each time I see this game in action I get that much more excited. I simply cannot wait to get involved in the stories of every class and see how different they are at specific points, and just enjoy the multiplayer dialogue with everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:28 pm

I'll admit, I really wanted to play a Cyborg-ish Human, Sith Juggernaut as my alt (still going Smuggler main) but now I'm really tempted to go with the Sith Pureblood. He just looked badass in that clip.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:09 pm

Even my calm meditative Consular would have punched that obnoxious noble from the second vid in the teeth.

EDIT: Yeah I can see that there are going to be a lot of face tendrilled purebloods running around. I know SI bitch about it all the time but if they allowed SI to be pureblood about half of the Empire would be Pureblood SI.

Last edited by Godric_Barbarosa on Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:10 pm

I wanted to punch him too!

Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 pm

I liked the update. Cool videos.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Guild: Zero³

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Even my calm meditative Consular would have punched that obnoxious noble from the second vid in the teeth.

EDIT: Yeah I can see that there are going to be a lot of face tendrilled purebloods running around. I know SI bitch about it all the time but if they allowed SI to be pureblood about half of the Empire would be Pureblood SI.

My Smuggler definitely would've smacked that dude. Arrogant tool. Actually I would kick him in the nuts and said, "It's good!" cheers

Excellent point on the Pureblood. There in lies the argument to not play one as well. Everyone else will be. As Yogi Berra once said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's to crowded."
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:25 pm

Xavier wrote:

My Smuggler definitely would've smacked that dude. Arrogant tool. Actually I would kick him in the nuts and said, "It's good!" cheers

Excellent point on the Pureblood. There in lies the argument to not play one as well. Everyone else will be. As Yogi Berra once said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's to crowded."

See, I don't shy away from the things I like just because everyone else is doing it.

If I want to roll a pure blood because I enjoy them, I'm going to roll one even if the entire game are pure bloods because it's what I want, and to hell with what people think of it. It's to make me happy, not them.

That said, I'm not playing a SW, so I might not get to be one even though I enjoy them, lol
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:17 am

"How about I deliver your teeth?" Ouch. Remind me never to mess with Bounty Hunters.

But I must admit something. While I enjoy these updates very much, I really wish not to have read them at all. The wait for the game feels like pulling teeth. Bioware, bring it out already. bounce *sugar bounce*

Nah, just kidding. Take your time BW, I don't wish to see another MMO being rolled out too early.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:52 am

Bootheels clicking on the polished marble, the Jedi strides in with friends and other companions. As usual they fan out around their contact. Hands casually drape "accidentally" near their weapon grips. This is the the procedure choreographed through a decade's experience. Just in case trouble blooms, spread out like this, the contact can only target one. Just in case ...

Unknowingly, the strategy is useless here. Before the blast door hissed open, before they strolled inside, their fate was sealed by the insidious cunning of a despicable foe: Cinematic Design!

The approach was the last thing they knew. Cinematic's incredible power somehow in the blink of a mundoof's fifth eye took the fanned formation, bunched them, and transported the group directly in front of the contact. There was no choice, no escape. The first grenade shattered the strategist's best-laid plans and three breastbones ...

/end of example.

Also, forced rolled focus makes a blur out of a lot of the "camera shot." In movies made with actual lenses, it's a necessary byproduct. In computer animation, it isn't necessary at all. But here for that true film look you must look only exactly where the cinema director wants you to; while the scene plays you are not allowed to glance at and admire the detail in that background art.

It's exciting to faithfully adapt the good parts of movies into a computer game. I just wish the adaptation wouldn't be as faithful with the bad parts! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Wilburt
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 am

Wow, that noble in the second video is an ass, if i were in the bounty hunter's position i would tape him to a chair and make him watch George Lucas talk about how he came up with the idea for the 3 prequels, on a loop. lol
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Stryklone wrote:
It's exciting to faithfully adapt the good parts of movies into a computer game. I just wish the adaptation wouldn't be as faithful with the bad parts! Smile

II find the "background" blur annoying as well, but at least they didn't add a film grain filter like in Mass Effect. Hopefully...
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Fett_Fan27 wrote:
Wow, that noble in the second video is an ass, if i were in the bounty hunter's position i would tape him to a chair and make him watch George Lucas talk about how he came up with the idea for the 3 prequels, on a loop. lol

Thats Hilarious Fett'!! /hi5

I just love the cinematics! So much more fluid that those damnable "chat windows"...You know the type...[The Truck HAVE started to move!!]...and...[All your base are belong to us]..something just does'nt seem "right" with those...ya know??
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Honestly I found the second video a bit awkward with the timing and presence. Her punch looked weird, and Mako spoke in matters of milliseconds after certain events.

Maybe it's just tweaking, but it didn't look very good to me. First one was fine, but I don't get with the mustaches.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:04 pm

azarhal wrote:
Stryklone wrote:

II find the "background" blur annoying as well, but at least they didn't add a film grain filter like in Mass Effect. Hopefully...

As long as they have options to undo it also ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design   Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Update 12/31/2010 Developer Blog: Cinematic Design
Page 1 of 1