The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New member, New Thread

Go down 
+5
Selven
azarhal
Kai-Sun
Schwendo
JedinWaiting
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

New member, New Thread Empty
PostSubject: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Hello one and all!

At the moment you may call me JedinWaiting (because I'm too paranoid to post my very unique MMO name before the game hits because they tend to get stolen!).

It's a pleasure to be here. I figured my first post should be an introductory post in the Members Area before I begin sifting through threads and making responses. I'm going to give you an idea of my experience in MMO's!!!!

My first MMO ever was Guild Wars! That's right compared to some of the friends I've made I'm a very late joiner into the MMO market. I played Guild Wars for almost a year before I got my hands on WoW and quite quickly swapped over to what I felt was a much more immersive world. I played World of Warcraft for almost 4 years before I quit....I was lucky enough to see the game during "Vanilla" WoW and played it before any of the game mechanics really began to be dumbed down and changed. Just in case any of you were playing before me I think I joined a patch or two before the Gates of Ann Quiraj! So I was kinda there when it all began Cool I quit after maxing my character in Wrath and even though I've tried a few MMO's none have kept me much longer than two months and I've not actually played or tried an MMO in almost 9 months now since I'm waiting for SWTOR cheers

Anyway in both Guild Wars and WoW I was a guild leader...in WoW my guild was together for I think somewhere around the 3 year mark until I quit. We were a very "casual" guild but because we had worked together so well we were on par (and sometimes better) than guilds that considered themselves "hardcore". We progressed well and played all content. All guildees were treated equally as important as none of us really believed in "ranks". My guild is one of the things I take alot of pride in when it comes to MMO spaces, since we worked so well together and had some amazing times; a sentiment I hope I left all my guildees with when I left the game.

Anyway so here I am. Waiting for SWTOR and what I hope will be the next game I play for 4 years or longer! I'm glad to be here and I hope this community grows and flourishes! The way I see it this is a win, win situation! If we get a large enough community to fill an entire server that would be AMAZING! If we don't at least we can all friend each other or possibly create a guild (or series of guilds) that can work together and really just build an amazing community hopefully on BOTH faction sides!!

And if anyone read through this entire thing I salute you. You're probably incredibly bored or extremely curious!

Thanks everyone for having me!

Last edited by JedinWaiting on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Welcome Jedin!! Hope you enjoy te forum!
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Welcome!

/reads your mind and steals your name!

Mwuahahah! /strokes evil mustache
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Welcome JedinWaiting.

Your post was interesting to read. So I guess I was curious.
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 am

JedinWaiting wrote:

And if anyone read through this entire thing I salute you. You're probably incredibly bored or extremely curious!

Thanks everyone for having me!

Seems to me we're a bunch of curious cookies Smile

Welcome! Looking forward to get to know you.
Back to top Go down
ShavedEwok

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
SandsS

SandsS

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Odium

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Be welcome! And yeah, we're all a bunch of curious cookies.
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 am

I love you guys already.

And no I'm not drunk.....

......yet.....

Kai-Sun wrote:
Welcome!

Seriously though....on WoW according to the "Armory" (a database of character stats and whatnot on all servers) I was the ONLY person with my name for a while....then all of a sudden I start getting whispers as I was playing..."Dude...awesome name!" "That name is actually really sweet!"

then next thing I know I went from being the only one on Armory to having about 18 clones.....it was slightly depressing. I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or be agitated people couldn't be creative and make up their own name No

Last edited by JedinWaiting on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 am

How many fingers am I holding up?
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Thassa' lotta fingaaz!

He must be from the "Filangeez" System!!
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:45 pm

JedinWaiting wrote:
I love you guys already.

And no I'm not drunk.....

......yet.....

Kai-Sun wrote:
Welcome!

Seriously though....on WoW according to the "Armory" (a database of character stats and whatnot on all servers) I was the ONLY person with my name for a while....then all of a sudden I start getting whispers as I was playing..."Dude...awesome name!" "That name is actually really sweet!"

then next thing I know I went from being the only one on Armory to having about 18 clones.....it was slightly depressing. I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or be agitated people couldn't be creative and make up their own name No
Be flattered, if you're able to choose.

When I chose Viduus, nobody anywhere was using it that I could find. (When I run into one, I ask them what it means. It's funny to hear the responses of the obvious name-thieves who don't have a clue...)
(I started using it in SW:G).
It took... a week?... and there was one on at least 4 other servers. Everywhere I've gone since (including WoW), the same thing's happened. There's an entire page of Viduus-es in the armory. Which is why I started using Velaxi (an alt - it's a name I actually made up and use in my writing). Guess what? It didn't take long for that name to appear on other servers in WoW either...

So... yeah.
Be flattered that the unoriginal choose you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Guild: Platinum

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
On that note, I'm going to go throw myself at the ground now... and hopefully, miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Thread   New member, New Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member, New Thread
Page 1 of 1