The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An actual website

Go down 
+10
Arzon
azarhal
Quince
Schwendo
Aurabesh
Kai-Sun
Ty-Odi
Selven
Grome
Darka
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

An actual website - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:54 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for my absence this week, I went snowboarding in the French alps on a last minute type deal Smile

I will be back home tomorrow evening sometime so will have a proper read through everything and sort out some bits that arzon wanted me to look at as well Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry for my absence this week, I went snowboarding in the French alps on a last minute type deal Smile

I will be back home tomorrow evening sometime so will have a proper read through everything and sort out some bits that arzon wanted me to look at as well Smile
Hey, you were just around the corner! Smile
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Sheesh.. Snowboarding in the French alps at the last minute... Living in Europe certainly has it's advantages!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:30 pm

So does living on a Caribbean island.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 am

Yeah it does Arzon!! Lol.

Though if your US based you always have the rockies! I so want to go to Whistler!!! Whole runs on a mountain that no damn dirty ape of a skier is allowed to go down and ruin by turning it into a mogul field!!!!! Lol.

Was nice to get away, and yeah just around the corner from you Grome! Snow was not overly great when I went, very icy at the top, and very slushy at the bottom, but still it beats work!! Lol.

Back in work now, and the workload I have sat in front of me……./sigh……nice to see people are willing to step up and help out when I am not about…….XD…..it really looks like they have utterly left every last thing that was going on before I left until I got back…..ffs….lol. Ahh well, will keep me out of mischief this week eh? Haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 am

Ty-Odi wrote:

Though if your US based you always have the rockies! I so want to go to Whistler!!! Whole runs on a mountain that no damn dirty ape of a skier is allowed to go down and ruin by turning it into a mogul field!!!!! Lol.

Distance are much longer in America. My sister live in the Rockies (British Columbia) and she only went once to Whistler. She usually go to a "small place" at about 1 hours from her place.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am

azarhal wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Distance are much longer in America. My sister live in the Rockies (British Columbia) and she only went once to Whistler. She usually go to a "small place" at about 1 hours from her place.

When we lived in Montana we had a pastor visit from New Zealand. Dad drove him to his next stop in South Dakota. He fell asleep early in the drive and woke up about 7 hours later. He couldn't believe he was still in Montana! Laughing I spent some time in Europe and few if any ever completely grasped the distances involved. You can drop entire European countries into states like Montana and rattle them around...
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Aldemarran wrote:
azarhal wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

When we lived in Montana we had a pastor visit from New Zealand. Dad drove him to his next stop in South Dakota. He fell asleep early in the drive and woke up about 7 hours later. He couldn't believe he was still in Montana! Laughing I spent some time in Europe and few if any ever completely grasped the distances involved. You can drop entire European countries into states like Montana and rattle them around...

Oh I can well imagine. Smile

Though the thought of actually driving to the French Alps from where I live.....lol....no chance, its why man invented planes, and even then it takes an absolute age to get up into the mountains etc.

My flights were at 4.30am from Bristol, I arrived at Grenoble airport at 6.00am french time. Still took till around 3.30pm to actually arrive in resort. (well by the time you get your luggage of the blinkin plane etc anyways, french airports are not exactly known for being afficient lol)

So all in all, 13 hours to get from Bristol to resort.

If I tried to drive it......hmmm....4 hours to get to the Euro Star.....thats about another hour.....from Paris? Probably about another 8 or 9 hours (Maybe more) to get to around Grenoble area, and then at least 4 hours to get up into the Mountains. So even just across 2 European countries you have to be looking at about 20 hours give or take, as I am sure you would need to make the odd pitstop lol Smile

The US is massive no question, and the prospect of having to drive across it on dead straight never ending roads......would probably kill me, lol, so I would stick to planes, haha. Smile

Flights are not all that expensive these days anyways, and in all honesty, probably cheaper than driving when you take into consideration the cost of petrol over here now.....

Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
The US is massive no question, and the prospect of having to drive across it on dead straight never ending roads......would probably kill me, lol, so I would stick to planes, haha. Smile

Flights are not all that expensive these days anyways, and in all honesty, probably cheaper than driving when you take into consideration the cost of petrol over here now.....

I live on the East Coast. It cost me more in plane tickets to go see my sister on the West Coast, then it would cost me to go in France or England. alien
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Really? Lol Smile

Gotta love the logic in that huh? Haha Smile

Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:42 pm

The airfare science is a crooked one. Sometimes (more often than you'd think) you will find that a one-way ticket is almost as expensive, sometimes MORE expensive than a round-trip ticket.

On a side note, Arz, I've got a question. Is it possible you hand out rights to administrate forums (create, delete, etc) to one of us folks over in the layout discussion (or all of us heh), at least for the time being?
I'm sure it will help our discussions along, as it's always easier to judge something when you see it.
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Yep... I just want to confirm with Ty to whom I should be doing so.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes, no rush. I just think it would help if we could visualize in the forums-to-be how the things we suggest would look. Makes things easier to discuss.

Or you know, doesn't even have to be the real forums on respectingaming.com, as long as it's the same model and we can all look at it. It's more or less to visualize "drafts" after all. (this solution would be even better, if it's easy to do)

And just to be clear again, it's only needed for the forum layout arrangements and only until it is all set.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:19 am

Many thanks!

Last edited by Aldemarran on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Caught up with my reading ;))
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 am

Aldemarran wrote:
When you can Arz. It would definitely be good to get in there and start building this up to the next level.
We got them now... thanks Arz! I'm checking everything out as I write. It's pretty neat and since I'm very curious I look around in every corner.

Anyway, it seems simple to get into, so we won't have much problems setting things up Smile

Arzon, your work on the website is incredibly valuable (it looks to satisfy our needs fully) and we'd never be this far without you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 am

Quite welcome fellas... enjoy and let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Of course you know this means you owe your souls to Reign now Wink
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:19 am

Hey, that was not on the contract I sign- - hang on, what is that tiny blot there at the bottom..?
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Haha Smile

Yeah everything is looking great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:43 pm

I played a Warlock in WoW, I'm now officially soulless, and I can prove it.

"Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray this stone my soul to keep.
And if I die before I wake,
I know the Legion my soul will take!"

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An actual website   An actual website - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An actual website
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5