The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars Galaxies

Go down 
+3
azarhal
Ty-Odi
Fett_Fan27
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Wilburt
Class: Bounty Hunter
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 am

Anyone think its worth it getting Star Wars galaxies this close to release of SWTOR or not?
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 am

Well, up to you, depends entirely what it is you are wanting to play it for, or if you have ever played it before?

I stuck it out for too long, lol, and now....I still have an active account for some reason I still cannot fathom? haha, but I have not logged in really for over a year, just on and off occasionally to say hi to people.

For RP? Still plenty of that going on, and I can point you in the direction of a number of good guilds for that.

PVP? just no.....lol.

PVE? Yeah some interesting combat still to be had, but it depends, you are not going to see the Epic mass raids you will see in WOW, 8 man raids are you limit pretty much, and some require a rather long path of things to unlock before you can get there, on the plus side though, levelling is pretty easy in SWG so hitting max level should not cause you any major issues, I levelled a toon from 0-90 in 2 days.

All in all, up to you matey, I am burned out from it, but plenty of people I know still love it, and if you like flight sims? Then it has one of the best of any MMO i have played, if not THE best as it Star Wars, lol Wink
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
I levelled a toon from 0-90 in 2 days.

Star Wars Galaxies 645704
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 am

azarhal wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Haha, i did have a little bit of help Wink haha.

I could so easily do a levelling guide for SWG, in fact I think I still have one on my old guild forum?

Supposing they have not changed too many things since then anyways?

I used to be able to do it even quicker way back when, but they removed many of the 'features' shall we call them that allowed for insane power levelling lol.

I did a mates toon back in pre-CU from nothing, to master TK, Master Fencer, with some medic, and scout, in just over a day. Pretty easy back then though, just needed a large hunting group.

I was pretty good with AFK macro's shall we say? ROFL
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 am

cheater!

Star Wars Galaxies 370567
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 am

well im just looking for an MMO to play until SWTOR comes out because i cant handle getting my butt handed to me in battlefield 2 all day lol. tried LOTRO, doesn't make too much sense to me, kind of intresting.
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 am

azarhal wrote:
cheater!

Star Wars Galaxies 370567

Haha, well it was only in terms of levelling because it was such a chore in SWG......

Fett_Fan27 wrote:
well im just looking for an MMO to play until SWTOR comes out because i cant handle getting my butt handed to me in battlefield 2 all day lol. tried LOTRO, doesn't make too much sense to me, kind of intresting.

I love BattleField 2! Smile

Add me, same gamer tag, assuming you play on XBOX anyways? Smile If your a sniper, can show you some mean ass sniper spots, lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 am

i play battlefield 2 on PC and its the Original BF2, from '05 but i will assassinate from across the map in any FPS i play lol
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Serenity

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:37 am

Well ..I'm probably biased (SWG being my first love and all!), but yeah I think it's worth getting. Or rather ..I think it's worth playing from time to time while being bored witless from all the other MMOs out there. I can't imagine it costing too much to get nowadays either.

I say, go for it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 am

Fett_Fan27 wrote:
i play battlefield 2 on PC and its the Original BF2, from '05 but i will assassinate from across the map in any FPS i play lol

Ahh ok hehe, I am on bad company, and am a mean sniper, lol. Smile Best kill is sniping someone from across the map using a pistol, haha. Was awesome, aimed with my sniper but was out of ammo, so pulled out my magnum still aimed from before, and fired, guy had not moved and I could not believe it when it hit 'Marksman Headshot'd the guys ROFLMAO, me and my housemate (Who was playing it next to me as well, were cheesing ourselves laughing, lmao), the guy I killed must have thought WTF?? lol. He was in the middle of nowhere, camping, no way he should have been hit by a pistol, hahahaha.

Best Kill i have ever gotten on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:42 am

Selven wrote:
Well ..I'm probably biased (SWG being my first love and all!), but yeah I think it's worth getting. Or rather ..I think it's worth playing from time to time while being bored witless from all the other MMOs out there. I can't imagine it costing too much to get nowadays either.

I say, go for it! Smile

Well theres a free trial for it, anyways, always worth playing it for that I suppose?

If you create a char on Eclipse, I may even pop on and show you around if you want? Smile
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
Ahh ok hehe, I am on bad company, and am a mean sniper, lol. Smile Best kill is sniping someone from across the map using a pistol, haha. Was awesome, aimed with my sniper but was out of ammo, so pulled out my magnum still aimed from before, and fired, guy had not moved and I could not believe it when it hit 'Marksman Headshot'd the guys ROFLMAO, me and my housemate (Who was playing it next to me as well, were cheesing ourselves laughing, lmao), the guy I killed must have thought WTF?? lol. He was in the middle of nowhere, camping, no way he should have been hit by a pistol, hahahaha.

The face on this guy must have been epic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Ty-Odi wrote:
Fett_Fan27 wrote:

that happens so much, i run out and just pistol them from across the map lol

and yea ill try out the trial and see if its worth it
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 pm

azarhal wrote:
Ty-Odi wrote:

Fett, I have played SWG from launch to the present day. Its a "Sandbox" style game, with tons of space on eaxch planet. There's a ton to see also, but, if you're looking for a fast paced PvP/Raid experience, you might be dissapointed. Maybe on the Starsider server, but my Gorath server is pretty bleak...

Also Ty, I pre-cu/ pre-NGE holo-grinded Tera Kasi in 16 hours straight through!! (I had to finish it before the "village" patch came down to unlock my Jedi) Man, I will NEVER do that again...I was having "grind withdrawls" after that!
Back to top Go down
Velaxi
Just Married
Velaxi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Velaxi
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Platinum

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:07 pm

I played SW:G for a long time.
(Forum-goers who liked space would remember me as Viduus -> the guy that posted the "Learning to Fly" series to help new(er) pilots).

IMHO, it is *not* worth getting SW:G - especially this close to SW:toR's launch.
If you were thinking of playing already, then sure, go ahead.
If you want to play it to get into a SW game / just play an MMO, then definitely not.

Just my $0.02, others here may (or probably do) disagree with me.

Which reminds me, I still need to cancel that darn account... lol
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:48 pm

ehh then i might as well wait, doesn't sound like amazing things are happening the game. thanks a bunch guys, i really appreciate everyones opinion haha
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Np, Just wanted to give ya an "Honest Opinion". If this was 2004 I would say something like this, "OMG OMG OMG you GOT to go out and BUY SWG!!"....but alas...we can't time travel yet. Well, least til I can reanimate the corpse of Albert Einstien, and "roll" Steven Hawking into a lab...*holds breath*

*Curses "Theory of Relativity"*
Back to top Go down
Fett_Fan27

Fett_Fan27

Ingame Characters
Guild:

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Np, Just wanted to give ya an "Honest Opinion". If this was 2004 I would say something like this, "OMG OMG OMG you GOT to go out and BUY SWG!!"....but alas...we can't time travel yet. Well, least til I can reanimate the corpse of Albert Einstien, and "roll" Steven Hawking into a lab...*holds breath*

*Curses "Theory of Relativity"*
lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Wars Galaxies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies   Star Wars Galaxies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Galaxies
Page 1 of 1