The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rift: Beta Testing this weekend

Go down 
+11
Coldhart
Godric_Barbarosa
TheJW
DaStar
Schwendo
Quince
Arzon
azarhal
Grome
Klixxy
Darka
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Well, that was fun. The area wide invasions were epic. There you are, questing, when suddenly all these rifts open up and the hordes descend on the land. These events just drew me in and I had a blast. To a certain degree you can ignore them, but they were too tempting.
Back to top Go down
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar
Class: Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Was really fun when you are Questing and then the Rift invaders come to take athe area over and fight the mobs you have to kill. Can't complete the quests till you wipe out the invaders. I Liked this aspect.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 am

DaStar wrote:
Was really fun when you are Questing and then the Rift invaders come to take athe area over and fight the mobs you have to kill. Can't complete the quests till you wipe out the invaders. I Liked this aspect.

Yeah, I like that too. I also like that there's nowhere safe. I was afk for a couple of minutes in a heavily guarded camp and when I came back I was dead. An invasion came in and plopped an idol down about 5 feet from where I was... lol. A bit frustrating, but equally, I liked the challenge.
Back to top Go down
DaStar

DaStar

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Da'Star Trebor-Zar

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

thats how it should be, in a hostile world you should not be able to "sleep" (afk) in the wild without being attacked. the only safe place should be a guarded city and even THAT could be attacked. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:54 am

Dammit Stra, Tee tried to get ahold of you so we could all get on the same server. Let us know for the next event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I think I am allowed to post my impressions. I did like the game. The Rifts were cool but were a lag-fest for my flaky connection. I also learned not to be the first one on the scene of a Rift opening. Ouch.

I did like the character customization. Having 8 talent trees for each class to mix and match was really nice and the different combinations made for very different play styles within the same class. I wish I had gotten a chance to play a riftblade or a ********** (<---pretty sure I can't reveal that). Unfortunately this was a busy weekend and I didn't get as much time to play as I may have liked.

The graphics are less cartoony than WoW but I still think WoW had more beautiful landscapes. I like how it seemed all of the quests were somehow tied to the story line. However, it may be my anticipation of SWTOR VO, but I just can't get immersed in a game with quest text, especially when I can just use the quest helper to hald my hand to the objective.

The game is very polished but it is also due out in only a month and a half so it needs to be. Gone are the days were you can release a buggy game, fix it later and still be successful. There are now too many alternatives on the market.

It is definitely a quality game. If I wasn't already planning on buying SWTOR and possibly GW2 when they come out, hopefully, later this year, I would definitely play this game. But with those two games on the horizon, I don't think Rift offers enough for me to sink 6 months of my time and money.On the other hand, If you are going to spend that kind of money on a game and/or aren't interested in SWTOR or GW2, Rift definitely is worth the investment.
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am

I actually just pre-ordered RIFT the other day. I'm really excited about it. I should be getting into this next Beta so I'll give it a shot. I was pretty set on buying the game and playing it regardless. I've been without an MMO for over a year now and I've really been wanting to play one. Here's hoping RIFT just keeps getting better and better and turns out to be a success!
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 pm

What server is everyone getting on this time?
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 am

hmm anyone have an invite or whatever it takes? I may actually have time this week lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Beta Testing this weekend   Rift: Beta Testing this weekend - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rift: Beta Testing this weekend
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2