The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite

Go down 
+10
Schwendo
Kai-Sun
Tal Soren
Zepour
Mongo
Coldhart
Calvillanous
Quince
JedinWaiting
Godric_Barbarosa
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite Empty
PostSubject: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 pm

I woke up this morning and checked my email and what should be there but a RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite good for 25 people. As RiG is my guild I figured I'd share this code with the first 24 people to PM me. I don't remember my character or shard name but I will post these when the next Beta begins. It would be very cool to play this with you all. The next Beta event is Tuesday, January 25th at 10 am PST to Friday, January 28th at 10 am. Any one who signed up for their newsletter or liked them on FB should also have gotten a RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite,
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Yea chances are most people that are interested already have a code. But if for any reason that code runs out of uses someone just say so and I'll post another one good for 25 people. I've already got a code for pre ordering the game so the other one they sent with 25 uses is pretty much not needed. Well...other than my two IRL friends who will be using it : P
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Lol, I just rechecked my email from Trion and noticed that 25 people beta key. Hmm, this time around sounds more like an "open beta" than a "closed beta". Cool.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Quince wrote:
Lol, I just rechecked my email from Trion and noticed that 25 people beta key. Hmm, this time around sounds more like an "open beta" than a "closed beta". Cool.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm guessing this is the last of the so called "closed betas" and the next one will be a full open beta. This is more of a recruit people you know beta.
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Are we all going to be on the same server for this beta? If so? Which?

*checking other topic now in case the info is there.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 am

Q263-RL6H-DP29-37FP-DYPQ

That key is good for 24 more people.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Z9KJ-YHFT-Y3ZC-RTMX-QGCH

I'm currently playing a Human Inquisitor/Purifier named Wolfemdel on Faebright (I think that's the name). Man, did we make the servers cry yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Calvillanous

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 pm

We switched to rock-something?
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 pm

yeah we were all having too much lag and too long of a que so we switched to Rockcliff.

Our toon names:

Calvillanous - Calvillanous
Breeha - Buhan
Poptart - Coldhart
Qwenifer - Quince
Tankalicious - Tee
Stygon - Stygon

Anyone wanting to hang out, come join us. But if you join us in vent, just remember it's rated M. (We'll give vent info in-game to those who come out).

And so everyone knows, group max is 5 players, but we can switch to a raid and still do quests...only thing is you lose some xp.

We're only around levels 9 to 12 atm because of the re-roll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 am

Mongus has arrived.
But sadly it keeps crashing repeatedly on me RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite 882604
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 am

I'm still on Faeblight. I have some friends from WoW and have run into some peeps from my old Moon Guard server on WoW as well that I've run into on Faeblight. I'll probably end up rolling on that server when the game launches as well.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:33 am

Beta extended to saturday
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:34 pm

So, the Beta ended a little over an hour ago. I had a blast. I leveled a mage (necromancer/warlock/dominator) to 20 and a rogue (ranger/marksman/saboteur) to 18 and in the process tried the crafting system some more, took part in many rift closings, thwarting major invasions, and doing many warfronts (basically pvp arenas). I also got a chance to do some group quests which really needed groups. You fight elites and they aggro like nobody's business. I also tried a bit of the Iron Tombs which is the first dungeon you're introduced to on the Defiant's side. I liked what I saw and I know that Cold got further than I did, so I hope he chimes in with his impressions.

So, a couple of specifics. The first warfront you're introduced to (Black Garden) is basically a team arena where you play "Smear the Queer". I thought I gave up that game in grade school. There's a crystal that you pick up and run with. Opposing players try to kill you so they can pick up the crystal and run with it. You get points for running with the crystal, less for killing players. First team to 500 points wins. I'm not a big pvp fan, but this was so much fun and the pvp rewards are really good.

I also was involved with tackling a major water invasion. I think there were about 80 elite hostiles in King's Retreat when I got there. Most of the NPC's were dead and a rag-tag band of players were dividing and conquering. It took us over an hour to beat that horde down, with many deaths, but I had a blast. Btw, King's Retreat is a camp you get to around level 10. These invaders were level 16/18 elites and elites in this game are real hard.

At this point I want this game to go live so I have a viable, fun game to play while I wait for TOR.
Back to top Go down
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 am

I rolled a cleric on Argent, an EU RP-PVE server, and leveled her to 21. During my adventures in Freemarch, I was closing rifts and destroying footholds all over the newbie zone, ran for my life away from marauding hordes of invaders, fought 50 elites who had taken over a quest hub, and helped to defeat level 14 raid boss with 240k health, and another one, level 17 with 320k health. I spent majority of my time fighting in groups.

I haven't had so much fun in an MMORPG low-level zone since ... well forever. Comparing level 1 - 20 group experience of the 12 million pound gorilla to RIFT is almost like blasphemy. I agree, it's fun game to play while I wait for TOR.

And I found one bug. Heh. I'm certainly looking forward to Beta 6.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 am

Quince wrote:
So, the Beta ended a little over an hour ago. I had a blast. I leveled a mage (necromancer/warlock/dominator) to 20 and a rogue (ranger/marksman/saboteur) to 18 and in the process tried the crafting system some more, took part in many rift closings, thwarting major invasions, and doing many warfronts (basically pvp arenas). I also got a chance to do some group quests which really needed groups. You fight elites and they aggro like nobody's business. I also tried a bit of the Iron Tombs which is the first dungeon you're introduced to on the Defiant's side. I liked what I saw and I know that Cold got further than I did, so I hope he chimes in with his impressions.

So, a couple of specifics. The first warfront you're introduced to (Black Garden) is basically a team arena where you play "Smear the Queer". I thought I gave up that game in grade school. There's a crystal that you pick up and run with. Opposing players try to kill you so they can pick up the crystal and run with it. You get points for running with the crystal, less for killing players. First team to 500 points wins. I'm not a big pvp fan, but this was so much fun and the pvp rewards are really good.

I also was involved with tackling a major water invasion. I think there were about 80 elite hostiles in King's Retreat when I got there. Most of the NPC's were dead and a rag-tag band of players were dividing and conquering. It took us over an hour to beat that horde down, with many deaths, but I had a blast. Btw, King's Retreat is a camp you get to around level 10. These invaders were level 16/18 elites and elites in this game are real hard.

At this point I want this game to go live so I have a viable, fun game to play while I wait for TOR.
So thats why i couldnt find you guys lol, wrong faction. I played a cleric to 13 and a warrior to 13, I like it
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:22 am

Yep. Was a blast this go around too.

I did get into IT (Iron Tombs) with a group. Only problem was the tank was only level 15. The quests you pick up for IT are lvl 19. With that said, it's no wonder we couldn't down the first boss...tank kept dying >.< I will say one thing tho, The tanks threat gen in Rift is AWESOME!!! Although he was only 15, we didn't pull anything off him. Not even when I was laying into the boss with everything I had as a lvl 18 Huntard (Ranger/Marksman/saboteur).
This instance was laid out very nicely. Graphics and feel to IT were really cool.

One thing we found out this time that we didn't realize last time was the different rolls you can buy. Basically these rolls are like WoW's duel spec'ing except you can have 4 rolls. You have your 3 souls (classe trees) for each roll. So ultimately one toon can have 4 different setups of classes and you can switch between them as much as you want as long as you're not in combat or in an instance.

There's also at least one soul for PvP for every class. You have to run PvP for a while to earn the Honor points to purchase it but it looks very promising. You would basically put this PvP soul with 2 other class souls you like.

Can we say that the hunter class combinations can be very OP in PvP!? Yes, we can!

/waits for Schwen to que OPP...you down with OP in PVP? Yeah you know me.

lol don't worry, other classes are pretty OP too. They actually did a nice job of balancing everything out in PvP.

And as Q said, the elites in Rift HURT! In games like WoW, you come across an elite your level and you know you can kick his azz. In Rift, an elite that's a couple levels below you can make you work for it one on one.

I am very happy with the game and can't wait. Pre-orders get to start live on Feb 24th I believe. So that means that we probably have one more round of beta testing in two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Mongo wrote:
So thats why i couldnt find you guys lol, wrong faction. I played a cleric to 13 and a warrior to 13, I like it

I do have a low level guardian, there just was only so much time in the beta to do stuff. Still, I'd like to get one or two guardian toons to 20 so I can compare story lines.
Back to top Go down
Tal Soren

Tal Soren

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 am

Will the guild beta invites still work for the next beta event?
I heard another one is starting on Feb 4th.
If anyone still has some, I would love one or two for me and my nephew, we both signed up but no response yet.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 am

The group keys should be viable from here on out. Q263-RL6H-DP29-37FP-DYPQ should have at least 20 more "opportunities" to it. Just:

1. Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
2. Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
3. You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.
Back to top Go down
Tal Soren

Tal Soren

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks, can't wait to try it out.
Will probably pre-order before the headstart date, have the people playing after launch decided on a server yet? Would be great to game with you all till SWTOR is done.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Well, I don't know if the servers will be named the same or not come release. I know that the beta characters will be erased so everyone starts at the beginning. Right now there's a group of us on Rockcliff which is a pve server. Sure we can do a bit of coordination at release though. RIG doesn't have to be only for TOR... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tal Soren

Tal Soren

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 am

One more question, (till I think of more) is there a link to DL the client before the event starts? Don't wanna miss out on any fun DL'ing on friday.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:09 am

Well, if you follow what I wrote about applying the key, you then have to read the EULA and accept it and then a download link will become available. Generally the client is available a couple of days before the beta, so maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 5:06 pm

One thing I was thinking with Rift...I think I want to find a guild that's a good fit. I don't think I'll be running one. Going to just have fun and let someone else run things. We'll be running enough things when TOR launches.

Pretty sure Tee feels the same not sure about Q, B or Sty yet...or anyone else who joins us. Would still love to have us all together even if it's joining another guild. Just have to find a mature guild where the language doesn't matter lmao...we can get pretty bad some nights with all our joking around.

And there are definite advantages to being in a guild. The guilds have a leveling process kind of like Warhammer and LOTRO. And different guild perks and buffs that the guild can purchase.

And next beta starts Friday, YAY! Maybe they'll do a weekly thing now til head start.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Signed up for a beta, guess I have to wait till this friday. May see you guys in game, woo!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next