The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What species are you going to play?

Go down 
+15
Horeon
Zepour
Luxumaru
CRR_Kathy
Godric_Barbarosa
azarhal
Lanius
Schwendo
Aldemarran
Ty-Odi
Mongo
Grome
Darka
Kai-Sun
Abslom-dak
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Abslom-dak

Abslom-dak

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Cairo Jones
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Knights of the Red Tower

What species are you going to play? Empty
PostSubject: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:27 am

I've just read the post about which Class do you want to play first, but for me this depends on which Species are available to play. If TOR reflects the role playing game, your choice of species could affect your character's abilities, and initial skills and feats. ( or whatever these will be called in TOR ).

So does anyone have a list of available playable species? And if so, do you know if this will affect your abilities?

I would want to play a Duros, Ortolan or Wookiee first, but I haven't seen any of these on the Old Republic website.
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:14 am

I'm probably making my Knight and Trooper Human, from what we know so far from races.

I'm not really sure about my Imperial Agent, and I do want a Sith Pureblood at some point so I kinda have to hold off till we learn a more concrete list of playable races.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:39 am

DarkaHatOAwesome
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:16 am

Don't know yet, I'm waiting for more species to be announced.

I'm afraid we won't have any Wookiees or Ortolans at first.

My choice is definitely class > species.
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:24 am

my choices seem very limited as a sith warrior
Back to top Go down
Ty-Odi
Dark Lord of Spam
Ty-Odi

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Ty-Odi
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: To Be Confirmed.....

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:37 am

I will be human for my Inquisitor.

As for other species for other classes? No idea atm, I will see if there are any species benefits etc I suppose Smile
Back to top Go down
https://respectingaming.forumotion.co.uk
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:54 am

Ty-Odi wrote:
I will be human for my Inquisitor.

As for other species for other classes? No idea atm, I will see if there are any species benefits etc I suppose Smile

I usually don't let the benefits dictate which species I'm going to be for a specific class, but sometimes it does help.

I would like to be a Pureblood as an Inquisitor but it doesn't look like it's in the cards unless it's something you can unlock under the legacy system...but then again, we have no real idea what that fully entails yet, or all the class combos (I might find something I like more for the SI, if I do end up making one.)
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:37 am

I will definitely play a Sith Pureblood Juggernaut.

I am still considering what I will do with my Imperial Agent. I do rather like the way the Chiss look.

So far the only race that looks good for Trooper is Human, but that'll be after getting my two Imperials going anyway.
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:33 am

Sith Pureblood-Inquisitor-Assassin

Human-Jerdi Knight-Sentinel (light alt)

Maybe I'll do a nice Smuggler alt alt down the road as an alien species...
Back to top Go down
Lanius

Lanius

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:09 am

As an Imperial Agent if I have to choose between Chiss and Human I'm going for the Human. I'm still waiting for more species too.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:07 pm

I haven't decided yet. Although, I do want to play certain species (like Zabrak), it really depends on the customization features for me.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:26 pm

I will definitely play a Consular Sage first. Most likely he will be a Human. However, there is a chance that I would play a Kel Dor, Cerean or Miraluka if they are available, or a Twi'lek which I assume will sometime be officially announced as available. There are so many races that scream great consulars (the first three I listed above) that I'm surprised they are making Twi'lek a choice.
Back to top Go down
CRR_Kathy

CRR_Kathy

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:42 pm

We haven't gotten confirmation on many species/class combos yet, but here's what we know so far (I'm assuming Humans can play all classes):

Sith Warrior:Sith Pureblood, Human
Bounty Hunter: Rattatki, Human
Imperial Inquisitor: Zabrak, Human
Imperial Agent, Chiss, Human

Jedi Knight: Miraluka, Human
Jedi Consular: Mirialan, Twi'lek, Human
Trooper: Zabrak, Human
Smuggler: Twi'lek, Human

I plan to play the Smuggler first, probably Human, esp since I'm not that wild about the Twi'leks for some reason. A really interesting species bonus might change my mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.corellianrun.com
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:04 pm

To add tWo your List, Cathy, there was a Zabrak jedi knight in the Warzone video. The playable species compedium thread also lists Zabrak for trooper but I don't know the source of that.
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Zabrak troopers were seen first actually. Around E3 (June).

Back to top Go down
Luxumaru

Luxumaru

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dorrick
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 am

Human or Zabrak most likely but as someone already said, it depends on customization for me! I'm very particular on how I want my characters to look haha.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/halfjaked
Zepour

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:44 am

Sith Inquisitor: mean-looking red-skinned (female) Zabrak. Maybe (male) human if I feel really evil that day, or Twi'lek* if I manage to create something evil looking like Darth Talon in the character creation module.

Imperial Agent: probably human, unless the third, yet unannounced species proves to be really interesting.

Edit: *Twi'leks as Sith Inquisitors haven't been announced yet, but were playable during few demo sessions in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Horeon
(Re)Public Enemy
Horeon

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 am

Kel'Dor.

'Else I'm not playing this game.

For serious.
Back to top Go down
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:15 pm

My Agent will be a Chiss. Female.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
Despoina

Despoina

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Despoina Cora
Class: Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:42 pm

The list of confirmed species are:
Human
Mirialans
Miraluka
Twi'lek
Sith Pureblood
Zabraks
Rattataki
Chiss

Human - Bounty Hunter
Mirialan - Sith Agent (If it's possible)

I really like the Miralukas and since it's a force sensitive species, I'm willing to roll a Jedi Knight for that reason on the republic side.

Also, I wouldn't get my hopes high on other species.

Quote :
When I ask about others (Races), I'm given an entertainingly evasive answer that they'd only be using humanoid races because love scenes get weird with blobs. - Eurogamer May 2010
Back to top Go down
sleepntherain

Ingame Characters
Character Name: undecided
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:08 am

For me as an Imperial Agent i have to wait til all races/species are out because human and chiss just aren't cutting it unless i can create a chiss that i actually like. Personally, i never really like to make human like characters so hopefully there is a better alien species for the IA come release.
Back to top Go down
Despoina

Despoina

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Despoina Cora
Class: Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:35 am

I believe that's the case though, they're all going to be human like species.
Back to top Go down
sleepntherain

Ingame Characters
Character Name: undecided
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:31 am

yeah i'm sure that's how it will be but i would rather have more then just a color difference with customization like zabraks/sith purebloods or something of that nature.
Back to top Go down
TheJW

TheJW

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Undecided
Guild: Sons of Ziost

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:03 pm

sleepntherain wrote:
For me as an Imperial Agent i have to wait til all races/species are out because human and chiss just aren't cutting it unless i can create a chiss that i actually like. Personally, i never really like to make human like characters so hopefully there is a better alien species for the IA come release.

The only problem I see in other races as Agents has to do with politics. I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but the Chiss and Humans are the only races that have gained enough respect to be given positions of such high esteem. It would be interesting to see what other races they could come up with though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sonsofziost.com
HDubNZ

HDubNZ

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kaya Jun
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:51 am

Human Trooper and Human Consular
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What species are you going to play?   What species are you going to play? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What species are you going to play?
Page 1 of 1