The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011

Go down 
+2
Redriot
Stryklone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 7:59 pm

The official update is a short developer blog from Blaine Christine reporting all is well with game testing.

Here's the real info released in the past week. Not all of it is new but feel free to consider it a Saturday through Friday update if you wish.

- Every class has an "ability to quickly restore their health/energy reserves." There are also "abilities available for most classes to grant them a 'second wind' in combat."
- You can order a companion to sell inventory for you, which won't take long and saves you a trip to market.
- For a Jedi to marry in the time of the Old Republic "requires a lengthy process of approval including from the Jedi Council itself."
- Sith marriages in the same time period are often for political reasons. "Marriages between Sith and non-Sith are rare," so it's a good time to get your Sith together.
- "As a Shadow, your enemies' position relative to you is of tactical importance in battle."
- Social hubs will be in the game but your ship isn't designed for that purpose.

Source: Dev Tracker
Back to top Go down
Redriot

Redriot

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Draven
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 pm

I was little disappointed this week, I know they are doing the best to get game preped up, but lol I want to something more than pictures! I know all of you feel the same way, and to be honest I am used to no info these fridays. I do have a feeling however that here in next month we are going to hear and see alot more. So moral of the story is "Don't let the ants in your pants win!" affraid bounce bounce cheers !!
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Help me PAX East 2011. You're my only hope. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Nerro

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:10 am

Not to lead this thread astray but regarding the healing, I had a question. I saw a comment made elsewhere that perhaps there may be two separate healing classes, one being more focused on individual instant heals or group heals and the other being more HOT focused. It intrigued me but I don't know if there is any precedent for this?
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:33 am

Nerro wrote:
Not to lead this thread astray but regarding the healing, I had a question. I saw a comment made elsewhere that perhaps there may be two separate healing classes, one being more focused on individual instant heals or group heals and the other being more HOT focused. It intrigued me but I don't know if there is any precedent for this?

Before WoW homogenized its healers Druids were HoT healers and Paladins were single spammers. To a certain extent those archetypes are still around, just not as strongly. So if I understand your question correctly yes, there is precedent.
Back to top Go down
Aldemarran

Aldemarran

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Agent Redacted
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Redacted

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:35 am

Redriot wrote:
... So moral of the story is "Don't let the ants in your pants win!" affraid bounce bounce cheers !!

But they're Robotic Ninja Zombie Pirate Ants, how could they possibly be defeated? affraid
Back to top Go down
Nerro

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:45 am

Ah I see. It just struck me as interesting, the way that it would play on group strategy and peoples preferences. My experience really is limited to swg so when I think about what a healer is I relate it to the Medic class...which when I left could be spec'd many different ways but was the only real healer.
Back to top Go down
Stryklone

Stryklone

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Arzon wrote:

Keep in mind that only forumites are saying big announcements at PAX; no BioWare employee has said that.

As far as the "updates" go, it looks like BioWare had it all planned out what to do each week leading up to the Spring release ... and now that there won't be a Spring release they froze all the planned stuff and will be marking time until they pick it up again closer to the actual release date.

Just my deduction and my own reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Stryklone wrote:
Arzon wrote:

Keep in mind that only forumites are saying big announcements at PAX; no BioWare employee has said that.

As far as the "updates" go, it looks like BioWare had it all planned out what to do each week leading up to the Spring release ... and now that there won't be a Spring release they froze all the planned stuff and will be marking time until they pick it up again closer to the actual release date.

Just my deduction and my own reasoning.

I think you are right on both counts. While little new information is likely coming out of PAX at least there should be some gameplay video which seems to placate the nerd-raging masses. Though there's only so much watching other people play that interests me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011   Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Update, Feb. 25, 2011
Page 1 of 1