The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!

Go down 
+8
Narevek
azarhal
Variable
Finiffa
Sylrah
Gamewiz
Selven
Kai-Sun
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:46 am

Did you all peep the guy frozen in carbonite in today's reveal?

I'm liking it. The crew skills window looks pretty good and the fact that you don't have to be at your ship to access it is even better.
Back to top Go down
Variable
That Handsome Devil
Variable

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Soloman Bokur
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 am

MorgonKara wrote:
Did you all peep the guy frozen in carbonite in today's reveal?

I'm liking it. The crew skills window looks pretty good and the fact that you don't have to be at your ship to access it is even better.

Yeah, I did. Kind of reminded me of Grunt on Mass Effect 2. Maybe you unfreeze him at some point and have the opportunity to gain another crew member. More realistically though, that's a bounty, but hey, who knows?
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:28 am

Ok, now that I read DH dissection, rewatched the video a few times, read Damion's responses on the official forum, read massively interview and looked at screenshots I can say that I really like it and that it is a BIG bonuses for our little but soon to be huge community.

The layered player interdependency and what Damion said will make dedicated crafters "wanted" on a server will enforce respect between fellow players from day one, because if there is one person on the server that make the most awesome armor or weapons, you don't want to be on his or her blacklist. Also, if you want to craft you will need others help to fill the mixing pieces (materials or crafting skill). Yet, at the same time if you are totally anti-social you can ignore everybody and use the AH. Although, I'm secretly hoping that the AH is not anonymous and that you can setup up both sell and buy orders.

Looks like that Community blog wasn't just for show. bounce
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:31 am

Since you mentioned the Damion responses, I'm adding them to the main post, they're good information.
Back to top Go down
WesleyP.

WesleyP.

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:32 am

Kai-Sun wrote:

I actually was going to get me and a few buddies to make an event or a gag and all roll Star Trek personalities and sit on the major trade hub like coruscant, and RP out that we're lost in a "strange unknown world"

Of course, every second woman is green, so Kirk would fit right in.
Gimme a call. ^^

I wonder what the other crafting options could be. e.g. Missions - Send the companions to infiltrate the opposite side?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldPipes
MorgonKara
Shot First
MorgonKara

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am

Kai-Sun wrote:
Since you mentioned the Damion responses, I'm adding them to the main post, they're good information.

Don't forget my personal favorite:

MorgonKara wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I have one main question after today's update.

Are the three crew skills a permanent choice or can you experiment with different combinations and change them?

DamionSchubert wrote:
You can unlearn skills. If you relearn it later, you must progress it up again. (You will not lose your schematics for crafting skills, but they are inaccesssible until you reach the proper skill level).

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:54 am

Woops! Thanks, thought I had snagged that one. Pretty important.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Black

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Heya, I'm new in from the SWTOR Community Forums, also Crimson_Black over there! Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 526598

Crafting has got me all excited too, I tried crafting in WoW and LotRO but it was grind after grist after grind, and I only rarely made things that were useful to either myself or my friends. Never been a huge fan of grinding, so BW have done something pretty neat in allowing off-line crafting progression. Now they just have to include off-line skill progression, some space-ships, and call it EVE... oh, wait. Very Happy

Kai-Sun, the way I read your sig makes it out that Robert Jordan is the Guild Master of Serenity. Pretty good going there Robert! Wink

Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Crimson Black wrote:

Kai-Sun, the way I read your sig makes it out that Robert Jordan is the Guild Master of Serenity. Pretty good going there Robert! Wink

Yea, considering he's no longer with us Sad

But boy...would that be something else? I always regret I never got the chance to meet RJ.

Welcome to the community, Crimson Black Smile
Back to top Go down
Crimson Black

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Crimson Black wrote:

Yea, considering he's no longer with us Sad

But boy...would that be something else? I always regret I never got the chance to meet RJ.

Welcome to the community, Crimson Black Smile

It would be quite something to have met him! Smile

And thanks, hopefully I'll be able to contribute something, I like what RIG stands for and can't wait to venture out into a galaxy far far away with all and sundry here. Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Crimson Black wrote:
Heya, I'm new in from the SWTOR Community Forums, also Crimson_Black over there! Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 526598

Crafting has got me all excited too, I tried crafting in WoW and LotRO but it was grind after grist after grind, and I only rarely made things that were useful to either myself or my friends. Never been a huge fan of grinding, so BW have done something pretty neat in allowing off-line crafting progression. Now they just have to include off-line skill progression, some space-ships, and call it EVE... oh, wait. Very Happy

Welcome Crimson.

BioWare really seems to have create an appealing crafting system...on paper. I'm sure it's going to be fun in the game as well, every time a companion come back from a mission players will feel like it's Christmas.

They really pulled a rabbit out of the hat with that one. Took everybody by surprise.

Back to top Go down
Lugaidh
Incurable smartass
Lugaidh

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Kai-Sun wrote:
Slicing as a Gathering skill, is very interesting.

Gather data and such, but it begs the question how we USE that information, and what type of crafting recipes as well, in addition to probably lock picking.

My guess is that schematics will be one of the main components gathered with slicing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!   Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Update 11/12/2010 Crafting Skills Revealed!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2