The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server priority

Go down 
+34
Dresgar
Aohh
Philtony
Aldemarran
Matte_Black
Darka
Belenos
Natheless
Arzon
Pyara_Raga
Crebain
JedinWaiting
Mythicrose
Xavier
Godric_Barbarosa
Selven
Lord_Paladin
Schwendo
Lanius
Zepour
vgk
Lugaidh
azarhal
Variable
ShavedEwok
Grome
Lednik
Snakezzz
Velaxi
Ty-Odi
Kai-Sun
Horeon
Sylrah
Gamewiz
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What one aspect is most important for you in choosing a server for RiG?
I want it to be a PvP server.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
I want it to be a PvE server.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap23%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 16 ]
I want it to be an RP server.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want it to be a PvP-RP server.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 18 ]
I want the server to be West coast of the US.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap3%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
I want the server to be East coast of the US.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
I want the server to be European.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap13%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
I want the server to be Oceanic.
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap1%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
I want something not listed (please elaborate)
Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_lcap4%Server priority - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 71

AuthorMessage
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight
Guild: Serenity

Server priority - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Schwendo wrote:
Guess I gotta change my main toons name..now that "xXDaRthPwnUXx" is taken... Laughing

*curses to self*

I was going for Vadurslovechild but it got rejected =\
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:27 pm

I was also partial to "Schw'Enforcer"...it has a nice "Schwen" feel to it Smile

Of course, to write it like an idiot it would look something like this...

xXScHw'EnForCErOMGOMGOMGPWNu'OrZXx

I don't know...Is it a bit long? Or, just good as it is??
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 am

Crebain wrote:
hm hm, Jedinwaiting, the things you love most can be combined into a RP-PVP server easily.

See the things that scare me slightly about the PvP server thing is the situation I brought up with Aion. I recall hearing that when you die in SWTOR you rez at a med center. Assume you have 8 quests for a dungeon but you need to finish one more quest before it "keys" you to the dungeon. Said quest is 10 minutes running distance from med center. You get down there and get jumped by several players. You wait for a while...run back to quest zone and get jumped again. You get fed up so start trying to recruit people to fight them. You spend about 10 minutes finding a group you run 10 minutes back to the quest area then spend another 10 minutes or so fighting them. I just spent 40 minutes not progressing my characters story or quests.

I love PvP but I will most likely only dabble in it as I level. In WoW I pretty much didn't PvP at all until I was max level...then I just ran around with my PvP flag up all the time.

I guess what bothers me is when several people are in the mood for some PvP and I'm just wanting to finish my 12 quests but then I can't finish my quests because I'm too busy being farmed by the PvP group that's evidently having a great time. Again...I love PvP (moreso World PvP than instanced PvP by a longshot) but I don't want to have to log off the game and "wait" for the pvp group to leave so I can go back to questing if that's what I'm wanting to do. Gah now I'm ranting. I'm sorry guys.

So ya...about those US/EU servers.... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Selven
The Old Bat
Selven

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Selven
Class: Jedi Consular

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm

JedinWaiting wrote:

I guess what bothers me is when several people are in the mood for some PvP and I'm just wanting to finish my 12 quests but then I can't finish my quests because I'm too busy being farmed by the PvP group that's evidently having a great time. Again...I love PvP (moreso World PvP than instanced PvP by a longshot) but I don't want to have to log off the game and "wait" for the pvp group to leave so I can go back to questing if that's what I'm wanting to do. Gah now I'm ranting. I'm sorry guys.

I totally agree with you! And this is the reason I never got into PvP much since SWG. I have had to choose between the questing and ganking - fair to say, it was an easy choice to make. And I tend to solo a bit. I know I could "just group up" with friends, but sometimes you can't, or you don't wanna bother them .. and so on. I sincerely hope BW will have a system like SWG with the option to choose to be overt or not.

If they don't, I will go with the majority. Don't even get me started on the US/EU thing! /sigh sometimes it's hard to have so many wonderful friends! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kai-Sun
Crackers Don't Matter
Kai-Sun

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Kai-Sun
Class: Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Maybe since this seems to be a big deal to us, there might be a thread on the TOR forums about server types that we could weigh in on, or make our own with our concerns?

I really do hope there is no separate server types. I do hope that should they do this, that they have open pvp areas for those that really want pvp servers and such, so everyone can get a bit of the things they want without the ugly side of ganking that some don't enjoy from PVP servers.

I also hope they don't split the regions up.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Selven wrote:
JedinWaiting wrote:

I totally agree with you! And this is the reason I never got into PvP much since SWG. I have had to choose between the questing and ganking - fair to say, it was an easy choice to make. And I tend to solo a bit. I know I could "just group up" with friends, but sometimes you can't, or you don't wanna bother them .. and so on. I sincerely hope BW will have a system like SWG with the option to choose to be overt or not.

If they don't, I will go with the majority. Don't even get me started on the US/EU thing! /sigh sometimes it's hard to have so many wonderful friends! Wink

This pretty much sums it up for me, except I have the added complication of my wife. I could probably get her to initially roll on a PvP server but the first time she gets ganked she may call on me. If the two of us can't handle it. She will change to a PvE server for sure. And I don't want to have wasted the time that I put into the character on the PvP server, in addition to the story spoilers I would have expsed myself to.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Smuggler
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
This pretty much sums it up for me, except I have the added complication of my wife. I could probably get her to initially roll on a PvP server but the first time she gets ganked she may call on me. If the two of us can't handle it. She will change to a PvE server for sure. And I don't want to have wasted the time that I put into the character on the PvP server, in addition to the story spoilers I would have expsed myself to.
You could always ask the community. Chances are, you will find lots of people willing to help!

Then again, this is no real consolation, because it still sucks if you get ganked.
Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:23 pm

My fears about a PvP server becoming a gank-fest are allayed by the fact that we are trying to get as many from this community to roll together as possible. If we succeed and the majority of the server is populated by members of this community, then I do not believe ganking will be much of an issue.

Now, assuming a PvP server allows for open world PvP, then that adds to a slew of event types we could try and coordinate between the factions that could lead to A LOT of fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Arzon wrote:
My fears about a PvP server becoming a gank-fest are allayed by the fact that we are trying to get as many from this community to roll together as possible. If we succeed and the majority of the server is populated by members of this community, then I do not believe ganking will be much of an issue.

Now, assuming a PvP server allows for open world PvP, then that adds to a slew of event types we could try and coordinate between the factions that could lead to A LOT of fun.
This is why I would not like to exclude PvP from the choices right away.

Although this discussion will have to wait until we know how BW handles the server splitting...

It's just theoretical at this point (but nevertheless important).
Back to top Go down
JedinWaiting

JedinWaiting

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:35 am

Arzon wrote:

Ah but see I can't say "I don't like being ganked" really. I love PvP...I just don't like being ganked when I'm not in the mood to PvP. And on PvP servers...it's kind of REQUIRED to always be in the mood to PvP...which is where my aggravations generally lay.

It's a whole different story if I'm max level and I'm stupid enough to run into a group of 8 enemy players just to see how long I can last against them or how hard it'll be for them to kill me. Am I being ganked by 8 other players? Yes. Am I enjoying every second of it and laughing as my corpse hits the floor? Very much so yes.

Half of my PvP stories involved interesting ways I died or how long it took several players to finally kill me. It's pvp...1 vs 1 or 8 vs 1 I still love playing it. I just don't like being force into it when all I want to do is finish a quest I'm on.
Back to top Go down
Crebain

Crebain

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 pm

It is ofcourse a matter of preference. I myself like to wander in a world where I can be jumped at any time, even if I'm not in the mood for it.

I guess the real question is, are we willing to make sacrifices in what we want to all join the same server?
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:33 pm

I am 100% willing. I can start a vote on our guild server, and get to you the outcome. I play all over the time spectrum...Plus, with an infant, I will be up at weird hours..

As far as PvP,PvE,RP,Raid,Powergaming,etc...I'll play on any..
Back to top Go down
Natheless

Natheless

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 pm

I voted according to the request: one aspect most important; so I picked PVE. For preference though: RP-PVE. Years of WoWing through their servers, I always found (sorry) nicer people on the RP ones who spoke in complete sentences with stabs at actual grammar.

To be honest, I simply can't live on a PVP server myself; so I'm afraid I'm going to be one of the traitors who won't be able to go along with the 'everyone on one server' idea. Sorry.

As pointed out already, they've released no information so far (except for our logical expectations) so we'll see once it's all out and detailed.

If I happen to be on a server shared with any of you amazing people, personally, I don't care if it's a US or EU server. I tend to play at really weird hours anyways. It would be an honour to know any of you in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:00 pm

I'll pretty much settle for anything too. I have preferences but they are not as important as other things. I like the feeling of just knowing that anything can happen at any time (makes you feel less safe and your adventure more adventurous). However I totally see the point where you say that you want to do this quest now and not pvp...

The horrible thing is, we will have to continue to speculate as BW will probably not release the info too soon.

So let's see how willing the people are to make a compromise and find the most compromising server. I think polls are a good way, especially single choice polls, so we can see what everyone values most and look at what combination will suit the needs of everyone best. (Choices would have to be: PvP, PvE, RP - so we could find the "most wanted" combination, if you will?)

Discussion is needed first though to get everyone thinking. You have to read the arguments to really know how you feel about one specific type of server.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Paladin

Lord_Paladin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dayn
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:14 pm

This is why I'm gonna be writing a letter to BioWare about not having server types. I would love it if you guys would all throw your support in with the letter (either a list of forum names and e-mails, or attaching a little extra story like Jedinwaiting did.

I think the RIG is a great point in not having server designations. It divides this wonderful community we have where there are many different desires.

Hopefully I'll get to writing it soon. I play to actually mail the letter to BioWare
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Lord_Paladin wrote:
This is why I'm gonna be writing a letter to BioWare about not having server types. I would love it if you guys would all throw your support in with the letter (either a list of forum names and e-mails, or attaching a little extra story like Jedinwaiting did.

I think the RIG is a great point in not having server designations. It divides this wonderful community we have where there are many different desires.

Hopefully I'll get to writing it soon. I play to actually mail the letter to BioWare
And I've been thinking that an "international" labeled server would do wonders too for communities/guilds that have members around the world/both sides of the pond.

Even if US and EU labeled servers are open to everyone it still doesn't quite open it up as much as a dedicated server.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Paladin

Lord_Paladin

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Dayn
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Grome wrote:
Lord_Paladin wrote:

And I've been thinking that an "international" labeled server would do wonders too for communities/guilds that have members around the world/both sides of the pond.

Even if US and EU labeled servers are open to everyone it still doesn't quite open it up as much as a dedicated server.

I'm with Kai on this. I think they'll have English servers, French servers, and German server. Not necessarily American and English European.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:00 pm

That is just speculation. But how do you feel about it?

I was just saying, this is how I would like to see it (I don't see English - German - French Server happening).
Back to top Go down
Belenos

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I didn't vote because I'm willing to adapt. Playing with you guys (or against Twisted Evil ) is more important than playing on my preferred server type (EU RP-PvP).
So whatever you folks decide , I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
Grome
Massively Subtle
Grome

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild:

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Hello! Welcome Belenos! Another Frenchman!

Thank you for your opinion! I agree. It is what we should aim for Smile
Back to top Go down
Belenos

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Cheers mate, looking forward to meeting you all and playing this awesome game with you guys Smile
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Bonjour Belenos.

I think most people here are ready to adapt, which will bring quite interesting discussion closer to release day.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:40 am

Crebain wrote:
It is ofcourse a matter of preference. I myself like to wander in a world where I can be jumped at any time, even if I'm not in the mood for it.

I guess the real question is, are we willing to make sacrifices in what we want to all join the same server?

My preference for RP-PvP is just that- a preference. I will go where ever this community goes.
Back to top Go down
Darka

Darka

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Modos
Guild: Force Academy

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:45 am

I voted for RP server
RP servers are mainly more mature anyways, and while i love PvP, RP/PvP rarely mix well, if the PvP becomes good its just a PvP server with no more RP, if the RP becomes good there is little PvP
RP server suits my guild the best, but we will wait for exact options,
Back to top Go down
Matte_Black

Matte_Black

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:08 am

I think once more is known, it might be better to break this poll into a few seperate polls (pvp/pve, rp/non-Rp, timezone, etc,)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server priority   Server priority - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server priority
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next