The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speculation about release date delay

Go down 
+14
Teeglow2012
Godric_Barbarosa
HDubNZ
Jester
azarhal
Grome
Variable
Kai-Sun
Ty-Odi
Schwendo
Gamewiz
The *Pew*gilists
Pyara_Raga
Arzon
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xavier

Xavier

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Xavier Dragen
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Zero³

Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm sticking with this theory until BioWare says it's not going to be in the Spring. I've been tweaking this theory ever since January of this year. I'm saying May 24, 2011. Here's why.

1) May 24th is a Tuesday. All games are shipped on a Tuesday. So I had to pick a Tuesday first off.
2) The next day, May 25th is the International Day of the Jedi.
3) That week is the actually anniversary week of all three of the OT movies
4) The second TOR novel; Deceived, about Darth Malgus hits stores on March 22, 2011. If you look at BioWares MO with prelaunch books in DAO and the ME series, the always release two books. The second book comes out a month or two before the game's launch and signals the beginning of the prelaunch marketing build up to launch. As you can see this is about two months before my TOR date.
5) The date falls in the middle of the target launch window.
6) Testing started in late June 2010. If they did closed testing through the middle of April that would give them slightly more than 10 months of closed testing. Longer than any closed testing period of any MMO I've seen and I've been in MMOs since UO and EQ and have been watching prerelease forums since AC, DAoC and SWG.
7) They could then announce the start date for open testing, the launch trailer, and really kick off the hype machine at PAX East in March. Which also just happens to be around the time the Deceived novel comes out. See how this all comes together?
Back to top Go down
azarhal

azarhal

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Gloriana
Class: Smuggler
Guild: Maybe Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 pm

I like your theory. Although, unforeseen problems can still happen, which I think is why EA exec mostly just say 2011.

Back to top Go down
Arzon

Arzon

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Arzon
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Reign

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am

Xavier wrote:
I'm sticking with this theory until BioWare says it's not going to be in the Spring. I've been tweaking this theory ever since January of this year. I'm saying May 24, 2011. Here's why.

1) May 24th is a Tuesday. All games are shipped on a Tuesday. So I had to pick a Tuesday first off.
2) The next day, May 25th is the International Day of the Jedi.
3) That week is the actually anniversary week of all three of the OT movies
4) The second TOR novel; Deceived, about Darth Malgus hits stores on March 22, 2011. If you look at BioWares MO with prelaunch books in DAO and the ME series, the always release two books. The second book comes out a month or two before the game's launch and signals the beginning of the prelaunch marketing build up to launch. As you can see this is about two months before my TOR date.
5) The date falls in the middle of the target launch window.
6) Testing started in late June 2010. If they did closed testing through the middle of April that would give them slightly more than 10 months of closed testing. Longer than any closed testing period of any MMO I've seen and I've been in MMOs since UO and EQ and have been watching prerelease forums since AC, DAoC and SWG.
7) They could then announce the start date for open testing, the launch trailer, and really kick off the hype machine at PAX East in March. Which also just happens to be around the time the Deceived novel comes out. See how this all comes together?

This is perhaps the most well-put together and most convincing theory I have seen to date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reignguild.net
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:06 am

lol EQ was horrible at release, of course that was like 12 years ago, spent a lot of time stuck underground, or being killed by mobs that were underground and not hittable lol. And then there was the bug where if you traded with someone near a campfire all your gold dropped to the ground rofl
Back to top Go down
Schwendo

Schwendo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Quarashi Wahr-Schwen
Class: Sith Inquisitor
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:36 am

Xav' I think you are onto something there...

Keep-a diggin' for us all, if you don't mind. I think the answer is out there!

(Just like UFO's, Nessie, Saquatch, Jersey Devil, Mothman, The Selven Norway Nessie, Sea Serpents, Da'Star, The Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, King Solomons Mines, Ghosts, The Mayan Doomsday Calendar (sundial)) hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculation about release date delay   Speculation about release date delay - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation about release date delay
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2