The R.I.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respect In Gaming

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite

Go down 
+10
Schwendo
Kai-Sun
Tal Soren
Zepour
Mongo
Coldhart
Calvillanous
Quince
JedinWaiting
Godric_Barbarosa
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Qint B'san
Class: Imperial Agent
Guild: Crazies of Korriban

RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 pm

I did Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur and I found Marksman to be weak at the lower levels than the other two, but it really picked up once I was in the "teen" levels. Yes there is overlap. I'd thought for awhile I'd sub in bard so that I could add some buffs/debuffs. My concern with your Blade Dancer/Riftstalker is that you rarely melee with a ranger. Be interesting to try though. I have all of the souls (except the pvp one), so maybe I'll try different combinations. It's just hard to change to something completely different when you're use to a specific approach. Maybe next beta.
Back to top Go down
Tal Soren

Tal Soren

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Now we all have to survive Riftdrawl till the 15th...
Never quite made it to creating a defiant Rolling Eyes
Started with a paladin and loved it, realy fun compared to most paladin classes. Wish they got a couple heals beside the self only ones, but its more of a tank then the multi tasker in other games.
Decided that was the class I would try when the game goes live! Untill I made a cleric...Now I'm not sure which I will play. Started with Justicar, love how they mixed a melee character with healing, heard they can even tank later on. Didnt get very high with that toon though, (level 12 when the beta ended) so cant wait untill the next beta to try it out more.
Anyone decide on a server for release yet? Would be nice to play with you all. Think I might stay guardian though. First server I tried was Faeblight, RP-PVE, people seemed nice, but it was a busy server. Tried a normal PVE server next...not as crowded but more jerks then the RP server.
Game was a bit laggy also, but prolly cause I made it look too pretty for my poor old comp, on the plus side I just got back my tax refund, so I think I may build a new rig for Rift and Old Republic...Gotta have the eye candy!
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 pm

First off, Tal, you can make a paladin on the defiant side too ya know...give in to your dark side Tal. lol

After getting higher with Marksman/Ranger/Saboteur, I'm glad I stuck with it. It's just like almost every other game when dealing with a hunter...more AP, more AP. If I get rid of any soul it will be Saboteur when I can use the PvP soul. This, of course will be just for PvP. For PvE, I'll probably keep it the way I have it.

I mean you get AP increased and a bleed that does 30% of your damage so far from Ranger, plus your pet. And an ability that makes you and your pet do more damage if the target has a bleed. Everything else is coming from Marksman except the dex in Saboteur (At least that's all the points I have in Saboteur atm).

I forget the name of the two abilities in Marksman, but one is a pedistal you stand on that gives you more power. The other debuffs the bad guy making him take almost twice the damage from your hunter. I was out in stonefield, killing trolls and when using these two abilities, I burned them down before other players could even start attacking. Might even be a little too powerful, but I like it. Only level 26 but I love the spec so far.

And if you are going to get your PvP soul, don't bother putting points into the abilities to get you out of snares and imobilizing or movement impared abilities from your regular souls. You get this ability with your PvP soul. Might be a need for these ablities in PvE but not sure atm just how crucial it is.

All in all, loving the hunter! Feels like more damage than the mage...a lot faster anyway. And the pet abilities are set up nicer for the hunter than the mage...from what I see personally anyway. So the Hunter is definitely my personal pick for ranged dps.

Only downfall I see is the two pets we get...You can tell with the higher health and armor that the razorbeast is meant for a tanking pet. The wolf has lower health and lower armor so you would think that the wolf would be your dps pet. However, they both have the same attack power and crit. With this in mind, why would I not use the pig over the wolf? Same AP and crit yet the pig has more health and armor. The pig also has a taunt and the wolf does not. I'm thinking they need to balance out the wolf a little better with more AP and crit. Then you'll have a viable tanke pet and a viable dps pet to choose from.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craziesoftor.guildportal.com
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm

So I spent all day yesterday for the most part looking into different rogue builds trying to get something that worked but all the min maxing and the naysaying wore me down. I'm just not into all that. So this morning I went with my heart and made a character concept of a dusky gypsy woman who will captive you right up until her blade slides across your throat. So I am going to try a Bard/Bladedancer combo, not sure about a third spec yet. For now I need to work on some RL stuff (taxes...yay!) and I want to look more into the races and the descriptions of the game world.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Cold and Quince, Yeah I think my mistake is that I went Ranger primary and Marksman secondary. Maybe I'll flip those around. It's just that I naturally think of beastmaster...I mean ranger as better for soloing. Have either of you had any problems pulling aggro off your pet?

One thing I wish is that there pets were a little bit more personal/customizable. Everyone having the same small set of pets that look exactly the same is a little off putting to me.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Coldhart wrote:
And if you are going to get your PvP soul, don't bother putting points into the abilities to get you out of snares and imobilizing or movement impared abilities from your regular souls. You get this ability with your PvP soul. Might be a need for these ablities in PvE but not sure atm just how crucial it is.

You'll be happy to have those capabilities in Scarlet Gorge. Between the spiders that web you and those stalkers that stun you, breaking cc is very useful. As to the dps, it is very impressive. While I do enjoy my necromancer/warlock, it doesn't hold a candle to my ranger/marksman as far as dps is concerned (and I don't mean because of the level differences... lol.)
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Godric_Barbarosa wrote:
Cold and Quince, Yeah I think my mistake is that I went Ranger primary and Marksman secondary. Maybe I'll flip those around. It's just that I naturally think of beastmaster...I mean ranger as better for soloing. Have either of you had any problems pulling aggro off your pet?

One thing I wish is that there pets were a little bit more personal/customizable. Everyone having the same small set of pets that look exactly the same is a little off putting to me.

I've managed to pull aggro off my razorboar once. It's really hard to do. More commonly though my pig will have more than one opponent on him and I'll pick the wrong one to attack... lol. It's a shame that the target of target trick you can do with a tank doesn't seem to work with my pet.
Back to top Go down
Godric_Barbarosa

Godric_Barbarosa

Ingame Characters
Character Name:
Class: Jedi Consular
Guild: Looking for

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Quince wrote:
I've managed to pull aggro off my razorboar once. It's really hard to do. More commonly though my pig will have more than one opponent on him and I'll pick the wrong one to attack... lol. It's a shame that the target of target trick you can do with a tank doesn't seem to work with my pet.

Huh, target of target has always worked fine for me and my pet. Tab targeting always seems to target random mobs off the side of my screen however.
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Folks on the Rift forum said the same thing. Maybe I have a setting wrong.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 am

I've pulled agro off my pig every once in awhile. Not too often tho. Hell, his taunt always pulls agro from the tank too...he's friggin awesome!

I haven't really put a lot of time into switching specs back and forth like I might if the game were live (my main is Marksman). But from the looks of things, I would say Marksman is the big powerhouse for the hunter. Ranger gives you the pet and seems to offer advances in AP. Saboteur really is crappy unless you plan on throwing grenades or trapping. However, trapping is not really a viable CC for the hunter as it stands...only an 8 second trap with nothing to make it longer. And with the points you'll want to put into Marksman and Ranger, you really have nothing left for Saboteur, except maybe the dex. Depends on how many points we actually end up with. Might be worth having a look at Bard as a third soul, like Vhayl said, instead of Saboteur. The extra buffs could play nicely into the overall roll. Plus be able to heal yourself too (at least I think they have a heal lol).

I can get target of target from my pet. I usually just tell him to attack the one I pull tho. He'll have so much threat built up on the other one, I'll finish it off without pulling agro even though he switched lol.

And yeah, Q, once I start running into situations where I get CC'd, I'll probably want those points in my CC breakers.

Back to top Go down
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Riftstalker has a nice little heal on it too if you look on the second and third branches of the tree. Boosted Recovery on the second branch gives you increasing all healing by 30%! Rift Scavenger on the third branch gives you 6% of your health back for each combo point left on your target when it dies. Bard has better healing I think but the riftstalker seems like a good soul to have. Sigh...I'm going to end up playing around with this all day again, and I haven't even looked at the other three classes yet!
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 am

psssst..../whisper "Only three more days til the next Rift beta"
Back to top Go down
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 am

I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!

Oh...sorry

/whisper "I know tee hee"

I'm really looking forward to trying out a bard, I haven't even looked at the other classes really, I've been looking a different souls to go with bard. I'm excited Smile
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm actually pulling a new player into the beta. A friend of mine has never played an mmo and I've managed o pique his interest. Now I just hope, if he decides to partake in the Crazies vent, that we don't overwhelm him... lol.
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 am

hey, we've only had 2 people leave our vent in the past because they couldn't handle us...well, 2 that I know of.

But that's why we tell everyone ahead of time how we are. Gots ta read the fine print RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 45360
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 am

I only have to make it through one more night. Then I can feed my addiction once more >.<
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:33 pm

lol Cold, and you didn't even get the bad shock that I got from Grand Fantasia after you logged. You know those pretty orange swords I worked so hard to finally make? I can't wear them any more, they're not for rangers. I discovered that after I fixed them at the fortification npc... lol.
Back to top Go down
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:27 am

I keep trying to remind myself how great it is to have a job, but I'm on call from 9am to 9pm tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be too busy. Anyway what servers are you guys planning on being on?
Back to top Go down
Mongo

Mongo

Ingame Characters
Character Name: Mongo
Class: Sith Warrior
Guild: Crazies

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am

Vhayl Una wrote:
I keep trying to remind myself how great it is to have a job, but I'm on call from 9am to 9pm tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be too busy. Anyway what servers are you guys planning on being on?
Crazies are running on Rockcliff shard, defiant side. As far as work i hear ya, I'm working 6pm to 6am with an hour commute on each end from the 15th to the 20th so i wont get a lot of this beta lol
Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:44 am

Um... I'm retired. Been there, done that, but I do remember what long hours were like. I'm just glad that's in the past for me.
Back to top Go down
Vhayl Una

Vhayl Una

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Played a bit last night and early this morning, nice to get my mmo groove on again, it's been awhile. Look up Vhayl on Rocklift, cya in game Smile

EDIT: LOL I started an assassin and I think I like it better then bard, look up Una instead....
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, Us Crazies have started a site for Rift...

Crazies Rift Web Site

We were going to just join a guild but we have been unable to find a good home so far. So...We decided to just make our own guild while we're there. We figure we can keep everyone informed that we plan on leaving for TOR when it launches and also let them know we'll be giving the guild to someone at that time. However, until that time, we'll be doing the best job we can running the guild and keeping things fun.

We will mainly be playing Defiant. Not sure if we will be sticking with our current server or switching to a different one at launch, but will keep everyone informed.

Anyone who may be interested, feel free to click on the link above and check out the site.The site is still very much a "work-in-progress".

Back to top Go down
Quince

Quince

Ingame Characters

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey Cold, tell Tee to approve my application... Smile Lately just starting our own guild has been easier than finding a good guild. We were going to try and avoid it this time because it's a lot of work. But, so far, that's not likely to happen. One thing that will be different this time is responsibility for running the guild will be shared. Too much burden was put on Cold in our last go around in WoW, we burnt him out... Gaming is suppose to be fun, dang it, so have fun now!
Back to top Go down
Tal Soren

Tal Soren

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 am

I realy hate Rift...it's too damn fun!
I was 100% sure I was going to play a paladin...till I tried cleric. That lasted about two days till I tried rogue! So loving marksman/blade dancer now! It's kind of what I hoped WoW hunters were going to be back in the old days...blast them at long range with a gun, then when they get in melee range you chop'em to pieces. No letting a pet have all the fun this time.
So definately going rogue now...untill I roll another toon.
Going by the name Taloric and went defiant...just seemed wrong being a holy rogue Suspect
Back to top Go down
Coldhart

Coldhart

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:28 am

Tee accepted you Q. You should be able to surf the site as officer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite   RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIFT Beta VIP Guild Invite
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next